Voluntary Trustee Vacancy
Would you like an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older people by supporting the overall governance, development, and strategy of a forward thinking local charity?
Age UK Herne Bay & Whitstable is an independent charity with its own constitution and funding administered by locally appointed Trustees. We are a pro-active, local charity dedicated to meeting the needs of older people within the communities of Herne Bay and Whitstable.
Due to retirements, we are seeking Voluntary Trustees from multiple disciplines to join our board.
The role of Trustees is vital to our organisation and the main responsibilities are to work closely with the Chief Officer and other board members to ensure our charity:
- Carries out its purposes for the benefit of older people
- Acts in the organisations best interest
- Manages its resources responsibly
- Complies with our governing document and the law
- Is accountable
- Acts with reasonable care and skill.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A desire to serve older people within our local communities
- Relevant Skills, knowledge and experience
If you are interested in applying for this part-time, voluntary opportunity we would invite you to send an “Expression of Interest” outlining the skills and experience you could bring as well as your motivation to become involved.
Please forward requests for a full role description, enquiries and expressions of interest to:
The Deputy Chief Officer: Linda Cowdry
or Telephone 01227 749570