WHO ARE WE?
We are a small group of Trustees who are looking to add talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference in our community. We operate a small but thriving Community Centre for the benefit of local residents. Based centrally in “The Meads” which is located in West Sittingbourne and is a recently established Borough of Swale Borough Council serving residents living in approximately 2000 dwellings.
We are registered Charity and our charitable objects are to
- To build and run a thriving community building for the benefit of local residents in Sittingbourne and wider Swale to offer a range of services and experiences for users
- To promote a greater awareness of issues related to the health and wellbeing of Swale residents
- To encourage and enhance community cohesion and foster a sense of pride within the local area
- To provide a wide range of learning opportunities for residents of all ages, promoting a culture of lifelong learning
- To encourage more active citizenship and inspire a shared sense of collective responsibility for local, national and environmental issues
- To inspire all generations to actively share their skills, resources, experiences and advice to support and educate each other
CAN YOU HELP? TRUSTEES NEEDED
We are seeking additional Trustees to strengthen our hardworking and skilled Board, who can help The Meads Community Centre Trust work towards creating and achieving our objectives. Ideally you would be based locally in the ME10 post code area and be able to bring your commitment and existing skill set to the Trust Board. The role is very rewarding and enjoyable and an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of The Meads residents and our community.
Ideally trustees will also have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:-
* Event Planning and organisation
* Media and communication
* Facilities Management
If you have a passion to help make a difference to your community please email us [firstname.lastname@example.org] with your personal statement stating how your skills can add value to the Trust but most crucially to our community.