SUPPORTING THE DOWNS SYNDROME COMMUNITY IN KENT- www.21together.org.uk for more details
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
To offer organisational and fundraising support to the charity office team. To assist the office team in organising and completing delegated tasks such as general admin tasks, resource making, communication and relationship building with potential donors (supermarkets, local business), help at events. To promote the work of the charity to the wider community and assist with fundraising activities.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the office team in some basic aspects of clerical tasks relating to the different ser-vices provided by the charity.
• To carry out specific projects as delegated by the team, this will always been heavily sup-ported and may include longer term strategies like building a relationship with local com-munity champions.
• Help with general maintenance of the office environment.
• It may include some communication with the community and general public via email, phone or face-to-face.
• Send electronic and paper promotional materials including; advertising/newsletters for events, services and news.
• To promote the charity and its’ work at various settings and events.
• Support other team members at events, activities and training.
• The volunteer will work flexibly with the office team or other members of staff to complete tasks as needed
• They will provide a positive and engaging contact with the charity.
• They will be aware of and follow all 21 Together policies and procedures, including safe-guarding. They will complete all mandatory training.
• They will provide additional administrative and practical support as required by the office team and trustees.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must enjoy engaging with the public and with the team.
• Strong interpersonal skills with adequate oral and written communication skills.
• Effective organisational skills and good time management.
• Innovative and good team player.
• Ability to demonstrate discretion and to handle confidential information sensitively.
• High degree of self-motivation and enjoys working in a team.
• Commitment to the vision and aims of 21 Together.
• Deal with vulnerable individuals with sensitivity and empathy.
• Experience of working in an office-based environment preferred but not essential.
• Experience working with the public including people with learning difficulties is preferred but training can be given.
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS
• Must be willing to undergo a basic DBS check.
• Must be willing to complete online Safeguarding Training.
• Adequate standard of education demonstrating good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Basic knowledge of Down’s syndrome and issues associated with people with learning diffi-culties would be beneficial but not necessary.
Hours are flexible, we would like the person to commit to at least two 4 hour sessions each month. These are likely to fall on Mondays and Thursdays between 10:00-14:00 but this can be flexible. If there is interest in a specific element of the role we may be able to accommodate more than one person. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org