Aim of volunteering role:
To volunteer in the Involve Hub, doing administrative tasks for the Community Wellbeing Team. Both projects aim to reduce social isolation and support the local community.
- Making and answering telephone calls
- Inputting data into our two databases
- Other administrative tasks using Microsoft office software eg. Sending letters.
One day a week/ 2 half days a week between Monday and Friday, 10am – 4pm.
Place of work: Involve Hub office, the Mall, Maidstone town centre (situated next to the bus station)
Volunteer manager: Community Wellbeing Manager
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent written skills using Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal skills on the phone and in person
- Ability to work independently with a proactive attitude
- Good attention to detail and confident to ask questions if unsure
- Full training within role as well as additional access to other courses
- Travel expenses
- Full insurance cover
- Volunteer recognition events, e.g. Christmas, Volunteers Week and other holidays
Volunteers who will be directly and significantly involved with children and/or vulnerable adults will be required to undergo a police check.