We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who would love to gain some event experience by joining our successful Herne Bay committee to organise quiz nights. You will also support the group in putting on other events throughout the year and will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience whilst raising money for CRUK.
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
What will I be doing?
• Work with this established fundraising group to organise quiz nights and for promoting fundraising to local companies, groups, schools and organisations.
• Plan a number other events as a fundraising team.
• Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate items to your events
• Promote fundraising ideas and the event through social media and your network of contacts
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and help to deliver successful fundraising events. Previous experience in organising events is desirable but not essential.
What support will we give you?
• An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as your fellow group member.
• Advice and guidance on how to access information, resources and how to set up and promote a fundraising event
What benefits can I expect?
• The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
• A chance to meet new people
• The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
• We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses.
• A unique insight into the world of (enter area of work) and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
This a home based role but you will be expected to attend fundraising group meetings in Herne Bay (usually no more than monthly). Part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. booking venues, sourcing prizes, promoting your event.