How you can help us
The Family Action Project Support Volunteer will work closely with the Active Families Project Worker to deliver the exciting, new Active Families project in Medway.
- Support the Active Families Project Worker to deliver a 12 week programme of activity, each term, to support families to become more active.
- To be encouraging in the work with families, promote positive lifestyle choices and provide them with support to enable them to reach their potential.
- Mentor parents/carers to become more active in their daily lives
- To listen to families to identify their needs and to ensure that these needs are addressed within available resources, to support them to become more active.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks to maintain effective recording systems.
- Volunteers will need to gain an understanding (appropriate to your role) of, and comply with, all relevant Family Action Policies and procedures.
This role would suit people who
- Have experience of, or an interest in youth work.
- Enjoy being active and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Are passionate about improving outcomes for families.
- Can demonstrate commitment, reliability and consistency.
- Are good communicators and relationship builders.
- Are understanding of the, often complex, needs of families and young people.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to help build resilience and improve outcomes for families.
- Gaining workplace experience and/or refreshing current skills.
- Becoming part of a dynamic team who are part of a national charity.
- Travel expenses subsidised.
- Access to training and development opportunities for personal progression.
- Training and support you will receive
Flexible, 2-10 hours per week, mainly during term time.
As a volunteer with Family Action, you will get:
- Access to our standard e-learning package, giving you a great basic introduction to topics such as Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
- Face-to-face training to ensure that you are fully equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for this role.
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss any challenges you are facing, and celebrate your progress in the role.
- Ongoing support from your supervisor and the wider team.
Are you interested in finding out more?
Please complete the attached application form and forward it to Tobin May, Project Manager, Active Families, Family Action, 5a New Road Avenue, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6BB
If you have any questions, please telephone Tobin on 01634829128 ext 7503 or 07976201161 or email ActiveFamiliesMedway@family-action.org.uk